Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Amazement

I realize I am at least the millionth person to blog about this but I can't help it..... President Barack Obama. I'm still in shock. It's one of those things that you prepare for and talk about for such long time that when it actually happens you some how can't process the reality.

I'm thrilled, I know the US political system isn't designed for rapid and significant changes and the only times when that occurs us during times of crisis (which well face it we are close to). However, even though I am fully aware the Obama stump speeches won't magically be turned into reality overnight. I so excited that it happened at all.

Knowing that the motions happening around you will forever be a part of history is a surreal and incredible thing. I've experienced history-making moments before, but not ones I view as positive. Nov. 4, 2008 I pray, hope and believe will be a moment in history I look back on with pride and enthusiasm. I saved my GA vote sticker which I plan to keep forever and to show to my kids one day (if I ever have any). So they can take it to school with them when they do a project on the election I just lived through and voted in.

No comments: