Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Long Haul

I'm pretty sure I am not the only one currently experiencing a little post holidays, post college blues. Some time after the holidays were over I think it hit all of us... that was it... that was your only given vacation for the rest of the year, no spring break, no long weekends, no summer. That realization. Burns.

The job has been good lately I went to Vegas last week with work for a trade show. I admit though tiring its nice in some ways to travel for work. And don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about my job, I like everyone else am just glad to have one.

However, I feel all my friends new to the work force have reached the consensus that summer loving is the song of our past. Now that the holidays are over where is the light at the end of the tunnel? Again this isn't a pity party just a realization... There is no end in sight.

4 comments:

Emily J. Griffin said...

This is incredibly difficult to read. Font's too light.

Ashleigh Speir said...

Seriously? Whose idea was it to put Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and MLK Jr. Day within two months of each other? And then leave us with three VERY spread apart holidays other than that??

Emily J. Griffin said...

I've graduated in '05 and I'm still in mourning...

(Now I can see it!)

TiffanyKristal said...

That's why teaching is PERFECTION