Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ta Dah!!

It's been hours, days, months, let's face it two years!!!! since I've felt like I can really dive into blogging. Why, you might ask? Because as of 11:48 on Tuesday June 22, 2010 I am 100 percent blogging for myself and not to impress possible future PR bosses (even though I couldn't completely stop myself from using AP style right then, its a process).

I have officially given my notice at the Marketing Agency, better known as "that place Katie sells toilets". SIDE BAR: I recently found out people actually thought I was selling toilets (hysterical). No, for the past two years I have been publicizing toilets, siding, health care cabinetry (yea that's a real thing). And if you are asking yourself is there really any point to those products being publicized, well No. But again not my concern anymore.

In early July, I will be leaving the world of PR (minus an occasional freelance project to keep food in my belly and Sukie's) for the glorious, engaging and stimulating world of Academics. I am going back to my Alma mater, to the place I feel most at home- Athens, GA to attend UGA and earn my Masters in Political Science. To put a cherry on top of a series of wishes coming true, I will be working as a Research Assistant for one very accomplished professor studying Latin America (Sigh of Excitement and Fear).

So to all of you who have listened to me drone on and on about hating my job, wanting to do something that matters, studying for the GRE (sort of), filling out applications, having screwed up paperwork, selling toilets, even worse tweeting about toilets and every other annoying thing I have done over the past 2 years- thank you, thank you, thank you! Having a support system is the only way I have survived my first Big Girl job and following my dreams.

To wrap it up- I'm Back! Good or bad- the hyper, slightly obnoxious, loud, chatty, high school drama (according to my sister), spastic version of me is here to stay. And though slightly sullen Katie may have been less obnoxious I am thrilled and grateful to feel like myself and to be pursuing something I love.

No comments: