Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whew...

So it's been quite the week. Emma and I are officially in our new apartment. As sad as I am to lose my old roomies (particularly Ash, it was a great five years)... I really like our place. The apartment itself is pretty basic, but it will be quite snazzy by the time we are done. Best of all the Chattahoochee Park is our backyard. They told us that when we first looked at the place and I liked the woodsy feel of the complex, it's more like little moutain condos than a normal high-rise apartment. Which Sukie would not have handled. But I wasn't expecting it to be so nice. The park, at least what I have seen, is this great path by the river, it is street-wide and completely flat. Now that's my kind of running. Plenty of people for people watching and dogs for Sukie to smell and then be scared of. I love it. And I have seen people in kayaks going down the river. As much as you may laugh.. I want to rent a kayak.

Best of all, I really like living with Emma. I had concerns nothing major, but i figured it may be difficult. And don't get me wrong we fight. But in a lot of ways I love that we fight. Ash & Mols & I reached a sisterly level were we fought, screamed usually and then got over it. But even that isn't comparable to fighting with your actual sister. We fight and then justare done. We don't have to make up we just move on. I love being able to say, "that looks like crap" and not have to worry about being the negative roommate. It's great. I've loved all my former roommates, but this should be fun. Oh and the fam can't seem to stop themselves from "dropping by". Both the brother and the Dad work pretty close to our apartment. And lets face it, Mom has always liked us best. So I think this will be a year of familly bonding. My family is super tight, kind of like The Family Stone, but a little less liberal and dysfunctional. So I don't know that it will be increased family bonding but I like how little effort it takes. They just come to us.

Anyways, that's the overview. Its been a long week, but good. It's the start of a new semester (I will always be on the semester schedule no matter how long I work outside of the education field) and I have a feeling its going to be a great year.

1 comment:

Emily J. Griffin said...

Kathryn Grace,
A of all: I love you.

B of all: I agree, your room does look like "crap." Glad we could get that out of the way. (No hard feelings, right?). JK.

C of all: Mom DID always like us best (this made me laugh out loud).

D of all: See you when you get home!