Monday, August 3, 2009

Favorites and Not So Much

We can consider this a pre-post, because I'm fairly certain there will be a better story to go with this idea in a couple weeks. My sister and I are moving into an apartment together...which I'm stoked about, that part is not the "not" of the post title(super odd double negative-type thing I just did). Anyways, this weekend included moving extravaganza part one, which sadly will have at least two more parts. Though it really wasn't that bad and this time we had BF, who will conveintly be absent for the big event. It did however remind me moving is no fun. There is just no way around it the lifting, the organizing, the "I said your left"... not a good time. But I know (though again I'm certain there will be a much funnier/sadder story to tell of the offical moving weekend) it'll be worth it in the end, but one of my favorite things: Is NOT moving. :)

OK. Actual Favorite Thing: Cooking.

I LOVE cooking. It all started when I studied abroad in Italy, we didn't have ovens, Italians are apparently too used to quality meals to partake in the American tradition on frozen TV dinners therefore I had to cook to survive. And there were a few little "gourmet" chefs in our group that gave me a feeling of inferiority I had to overcome.

Now, cooking is something I really enjoy. Trying new recipes, making things up or trying to recreate a restaurant favorite all make me happy. I like having someone to cook for... so if you are hungry let me know. Oh and I watch Food Network obsessively I really can't help myself. This weekend we had cedar plank salmon, fennel & orange salad and grilled asparagus.

Grilled Pizza
- A Bobby Flay recipe we recently tried out using a pilsbury pizza crust instead of making our own... So Good!

One last thing, BF and I partook in Downtown Restaurant Week. We went to Cafe Circa and enjoyed a 3-course tasting meal for $25.00 a piece. It was delicious. Creative cuisine with a relazed atmosphere. If you like plaintains you must go to Cafe Circa... if you don't like them or have never had them you should go there to learn to. Its cute too in Edgewood area, so its not so fussy.

2 comments:

TiffanyKristal said...

bhahahahahaha that may have been my favorite comment I have ever received! You=the best! And...If you are friends with me, then you totally have high standards. Love youuuuuuuuuu.

Emily J. Griffin said...

MOVING SUCKS, let's be honest. I am feeling the suckage RIGHT NOW. I spent two hours in the storage unit purging a bunch of crap. And you know what? There's still a bunch more.

Maybe we should just sell everything, quit our jobs, stuff a few items of clothing in backpacks, and travel around Europe with whatever money we can scrape toegether? We could pick up odd jobs along the way (ones that don't involve the exchange of bodily fluids). What d'ya say?

Or we could just PUNK this apartment OUT WITH OUR JUNK OUT. Either way.