Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Relief

There is absolutely nothing better than when Friday comes early. That's right kids after 5:00 this afternoon I am done for the week. I am heading, to what I pray is a SUNNY, St. Simons for this year's battle of the titans, Georgia-Florida. This one is destined to be a doosy. Both teams have one loss, two of the best QBs in college football and a crowd full of jean shorts and frilly dresses.

I would like to spout about how the Bulldogs are simply going to pulverize the gators. But my roommate Ashleigh and I have learned to play The Expectations Game, even with college football.

The Expectations Game is quite simple: Keep your expectations low for outcomes and upcoming events and there are two possible outcomes:
A.) You receive the satisfaction of being right if the outcome/event is less than stellar
B.) You get the extra bonus of things being better than you anticipated
I realize this may seem like a negative out look on life. But we have found it is actually an essential part of the positive train Ashleigh and I have been riding lately. This way we are rarely to never disappointed.

As usual this post has gone of track, though I think the expectations game is important lesson. I simply wanted to reveal in my early release from the working world. Undoubtedly considering the well known theme of the Georgia-Florida game "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party". I am positive I will have fun stories from my long weekend (hopefully not too fun...)

1 comment:

Ashleigh Speir said...

The expectations game = the smartest game to play, all the live-long day! We're always happy campers! ;)

Remember, expectations are the death of happiness. But also remember, Katie Griffin is the birth of happiness!!!