Monday, June 29, 2009

The Obsession

Ok. I had a fairly laid back weekend which is nice every once in and while. And when I have random free time to just sit and aimlessly watch TV which of the 70 or so stations do I choose.?

The Food Network.

It is truly an obsession the cooking shows, the challenges, the shows about eating. I love them all. And of course now I have the cooking bug. I just need and want to cook. I've also been going through my cookbooks and constantly perusing foodnetwork.com. Thank goodness soon I will have people to cook for. I'm forcing the BF to come to the house just so I have a mouth to feed, but between July 4th and a belated Father's Day dinner I might be able to calm my obsession.


But by the end of the weekend of feeding only myself "gourmet" creations I felt a little like Diane Lane's character in Under the Tuscan Sun. When she is having that break down and just wants someone to cook for (Minus the gorgeous Italian Villa).

No comments: